Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The daddy of 'em all...Yee-haw

A few weeks ago I won 4 rodeo tickets to Cheyenne Frontier Days. Winning contests is great!! Jon was on call this weekend and so I invited my sister who is in town to go with her husband and oldest son, Cole. I have been to a few rodeos before, but haven't been for a few years so I was looking forward to it and also to taking Olivia. Amy and her family have never been to one before and they really enjoyed it. I have to say they keep things going the whole time. It goes from event to event in a moments notice, plus they have all sorts of side stuff going on at the same time. They had these stunt riders that did tricks on moving horses that the kids really liked. It was a really hot day on Saturday so thank goodness that our seats were in the shade. Olivia lost interest about 3/4 of the way through, especially since there were fair rides there that she thought would be more fun to be on, but all in all I think she enjoyed herself.

Here is the Lucas family..

I was trying to get a good one of the kids and instead captured Olivia's newest smartie pants thing she is doing....rolling her eyes at me. WHAT!?! It drives me crazy, apparently she is learning how to push her mom's buttons.

Okay, here is a cute one of them.....cousins! They got these little pins they are wearing on their shirts for free from a guy throwing them out to the crowd. Alright, free stuff!

No comments: