Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Nice Day Finally!

I think this has been the warmest day of the year. It was in the high 60's here today, but supposed to snow tomorrow...darn! This week has gone by much faster than the week before. I went to physical therapy on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this last week and I think it is getting some what better. I am trying to stretch it a little every day also. My pec muscles are still super tight but not painful, which is good.
Olivia got the flu on Wednesday night, that was fun....NO! She was throwing up about every 45 min from around 7pm until 2am. Poor girl, she kept saying, "Mom, I hate throwing up." Yeah, I hate cleaning up your throw up! She did make it in a bowl or the toilet every time which was good, but still...yuck. On Wednesday the drywall crew that has been working on our basement finished with the primer and texture. It is really looking great, still a long way away, but looks great! We had the missionaries over from our church for dinner on Wednesday and they had that really loud texture machine on for most of the time there were here. Although that we pretty crappy I had tried this new recipe I got from my sister Amy for the sweet pork that Costa Vida sells. They are similar to Cafe Rio. So I made the meat and then also had a recipe for their rice. Oh wow, it was a big hit. They even took home ALL the left overs. I made burritos so we put the rice, black beans, and all the fixings in the burritos and then smothered them with enchilada sauce and cheese. Yeah, we will be eating this again, lots in my house. Here is the recipe for it:

Costa Vida Sweet Pork/Chicken

(This is so similar to the restaurant and can be used for salads, burritos, or tacos. I have also included the rice recipe that is so good!)

4 Chicken Breasts or 1 pork loin (I used pork loin)

2 Cans jalapeno El Pato (in green can) (If you like the meat really sweet only use one can)

(this stuff I found on the Mexican food isle and it says jalapeno salsa on it and is about 1/2 the size of a normal can, just FYI b/c I had a hard time finding it)

1 cup brown sugar

a dash of cumin

sprinkle of pepper

sprinkle of garlic salt

Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and cook for 6-8 hours. When done shred and use however you like.

Costa Vida Rice

1 cup rice

2 cups water

3 cubes chicken bouillon

½ tsp dried onion

¼ bunch cilantro

1 tsp oil

1 fresh lime

Cook rice with all ingredients on stove or cooker. Squeeze lime juice over rice and mix before serving.

I just used the sauce and beans out of the can.....SO GOOD!!

On Friday Olivia decided that she wanted to play this new game called Maid. She wanted to be the maid and loaded the dishwasher and picked up the kitchen and living room in this little dress up skirt. She also took all the cushions off the couch and cleaned out from under them. I was like, you should play this game more often! It was funny.





On Friday Jon went down to Denver to pick up our new four wheeler. We sold my old one because I wanted one that was a little more user friendly. This one has automatic shift, is four wheel drive and is a little bigger and easier for the kids to ride on with me. Also there are racks on the front and back so we can strap coolers or backpacks on it for long rides. I am really excited to take it out on a ride when it is nicer outside. Tonight I am going out with some girlfriends to go rollerskating and for appetizers. It ought to be a riot! What else are you going to do when your married with 3 kids and don't drink?? I will post some pictures. I think I might wear some short shorts, knee high striped socks, and sweat bands on my wrist and head! HA! Alyssa said like the Jessica Simpson Video where she is rollerskating.......Okay So I just went to find the video, that I have never seen, I was going to put it on my blog but it is R rated in my opinion so I am not going to put it on here. It is called a Public Affair if you want to subject yourself to that on you tube knock yourself out!

1 comment:

Jer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.