Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tues Aug 7th

So I did venture out to Herceptin alone today. Jon actually took the kids with us and then took the kids to the park while I went to treatment. It was a bizarre day at treatment. I walked in and all 13 or 14 treatment chairs were all taken and I had to wait. I told my nurse Jane, how depressing that there are so many sick people that they don't even have enough treatment chairs anymore. She said Monday and Tuesdays are always busy, but when I used to go every week it was never close to being "packed" in the treatment room. My oncologist is moving offices to a bigger space at the beginning of September to the Harmony and Timberline PVH location. It is supposed to be really nice. Sad to see so many more people getting sick. Darn Cancer! I just sat and started reading the latest Harry Potter book and took advantage of having to sit and do nothing for awhile. I don't know what my deal is but I totally crashed this afternoon. I didn't end up napping but I was so tired and just really out of it. I think that the treatment itself just makes me really tired. I was pretty worthless for the rest of the day. I tried to work but I just couldn't concentrate. I took the kids to the park by the house for a little this evening and then my friend Courtnee stopped by with her kids to say hey. We do fondue night a few times a year with a few couples and we planned it for this Friday. I am really looking forward to it!

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

Hey what month is you article supposed to be featured in the magazine?

Eliza Brock said...

It will be in the Oct issue of Fit Pregnancy. Speaking of pregnancy, how's yours going?

The Bluths said...

Going well, I'm just waiting for my stomach to pop out, I can't wait.