Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday Aug 6th

Doing my usual staying up late with Jon working nights. I usually work a bunch at night when he is working nights also, which is good so I can get lots done but I always lose track of time and stay up way to late. :-)
We were bummed we didn't end up getting to go camping and ride the 4 wheelers but hopefully we will be able to get out at least one more time before the season is over. We had a pretty low key weekend getting misc things done around the house and going to church yesterday. We sang this hymn in church yesterday called Did you think to pray? I really like this song, and have gone over the lyrics in my head many times through the last year. The chorus says "O how praying rests the weary! Prayer will change the night to day; So when life seems dark and dreary, Don’t forget to pray." I can't count the number of times I would lay awake in bed mulling over things in my head and would think, man I just need to go to sleep already and remembered I had forgotten to say my prayers and would feel much better afterwards. Or even just in the middle of the day when things were going wrong or I was troubled with something or another. It is always comforting to know that heavenly father is watching over us and can hear and answer our prayers.
I worked for most of the morning and ended up going to the dentist this afternoon so he could fix a cavity that was starting to catch on my tongue. Feels much better (smoother) now. I also did my grocery game shopping and filled the car with gas. May seem funny I mention that but it is such a process, seriously. There are only a few "cheap" stations that carry diesel so I always take it to the Kings Soopers to get the fuel discount and then of course there are only 2 or 3 diesel pumps and then car is such a huge beast and the station is always so busy, I always feel like I am going to run into someone or something trying to wait in line and maneuver around everything else. Sheesh! Oh well, small price to pay for the vehicle of my dreams with tons of room for the kids to spread out.
My mom and dad went to CA to visit my sister today which leaves me alone for the first time EVER to go to my herceptin treatment. My mom is so awesome! She always comes with me to all my appointments and treatments. I hate having to go alone. Everyone is always nice but I just hate being there and it makes it nice to bring company. I am such a baby. I suppose I will braving it alone for the first and only time tomorrow. My appointment is at 11:30 if anyone decides to feel sorry for me and tag along. hint, hint.. :-) I always felt sorry for the people that had to be there by themselves and so lucky to have someone that would come with me, but perhaps some prefer to be there alone for whatever reason. Well off to bed!

No comments: