Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tues April 17th

I am praying for those poor families that lost someone in the VA killings. What a senseless act of violence. Just goes to show you never know when your time is going to be up, so live life to the fullest!

We had a short but fun weekend. Jon had a buddy getting rid of his little 80 four wheeler so we picked it up for Olivia. Hopefully we will be able to get out to ride a bunch this summer with her and practice. We didn't get up to the mountains much last summer. Here she is with her new toy and pretty pink helmet! What a cool chick!

Jon took her across the street to some dirt hills to ride it a little bit and she had a blast. We also were able to get together with the Barkeys for dinner on Saturday night. Danny and Jon have been buddies since grade school and it was fun to get together with him and Wendy and their boys. (I posted some new pictures on my snapfish link of Easter and some other misc things)
Sunday we went to church and then had our home teachers over in the evening to share a message with us about being prepared financially and starting a food storage that could feed us for awhile if any kind of disaster were to happen or something where we couldn't get to the store or couldn't afford groceries for whatever reason. We have a little food storage but not an awful lot. Jon had to leave for work later on Sunday night at about 7pm.
Monday was pretty uneventful. I went out and did my grocery game shopping in the morning and then went to my Echo appt for the ultra sound on my heart. I finished the grocery shopping in the afternoon while my mom sat with the kids and then we all loaded up and went to her house for dinner. She usually has us over once a week and helps with the kids for the evening and helps me with baths. We were home just in time to not make any messes of the house and get the kids right into bed. Then I got some "me" time and went straight to work. :-) But I actually enjoy working so that was okay. Plus I have a hard time sleeping when Jon isn't here. You think I would be used to it by now, but I don't think I will ever get used to it.
Today Jon's parents came over to watch the kids while I went to a meeting for work for most of the afternoon. It was great to jump back into things at work and am really enjoying what I am doing. I learned all sorts of new things about my co-workers while doing some team building things. All good and interesting things of course! :-) Tonight the kids and I went back to my moms to hang out with them and also my sister Heather and her kids. Our kids don't see each other that often, even though they are only in Milliken so it was fun to visit and let the kids play. Good thing my parents loves us so much!
I go in tomorrow for my chest films and then start radiation on Thurs morning at 9:15. So far I have a permanent person to come and sit with the kids on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. I think my mom will just come over the other 2 mornings since it isn't something she can go and be with me for.....I will have to go it alone, unfortunately. I feel like a 2 year old always wanting my mom or someone to go with me to treatments or appointments. For some reason it is just easier when there is someone else there for 'support'.
On another note, we had such an interest in the Relay for Life team that we have started another team. I didn't realize that there was a max on the # of participants per team so we met that last week when our 10th member joined. Thanks Cindy! The 2nd team my sister is listed as the team captain, Heather Snell, and there are a total of 3 people on the team currently. We still have 7 openings so if you're interested....Jump on in, it will be a ton of fun. Staying up all night, or at least most of the night and being in great company. The 2nd team name is listed under We Cancer-vive #2 and is June 9th-10th from 1pm to 8am. Best of all it is for a great cause, to raise money for the American Cancer Society and help fund finding a cure for cancer.

No comments: