Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thurs March 22nd

Good news, Jon is finally coming home tonight after being gone for 2 weeks. I don't think he will be home until late but it will be great to finally see him and have the weekend to spend as a family. I took some pictures of the wall display I hung up from Rod Works. Thanks for your help Aislinn! I had to take them from the side a bit since my hallway is narrow and I couldn't fit it all in the picture taking it straight on, but you get the idea. Here it is:



I think that it turned out really cute. Good thing I don't have more than 3 kids, it wouldn't have fit on the wall :-)
I talked to my nurse practitioner today about reconstruction options. She told me that usually when they put expanders in before radiation they have to be filled all the way before radiation begins. Since I didn't do surgery before I started chemo that really isn't an option for me since it takes months to fill expanders and I only have a short window in which I need to start radiation. She did tell me that she would refer me to a great surgeon in Denver that they have worked with before that has done tons of reconstruction surgeries and that would know better ALL the different options that I could do. I thought I might also look into microsurgery which would all consist of transplanting tissue (skin) but not muscles. In this surgery they can take the skin from your buttocks, tummy, back, etc but they have to reconnect blood vessels so it is very extensive surgery. I have also given my name to a support group in Fort Collins, Hope Lives, to see if they have other clients that might be able to assist me. We will see where that takes me....

1 comment:

Toni said...

Wow, it's amazing what you can learn from bathrooms! The wall decor looks fabulous, and the green looks great!