Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday March 26th

Jon came home late on Thursday night and was here until this morning. It was so nice to have him home, I wish he could have been here longer though. Friday Jon and I took the kids to a friends house in the afternoon (thanks Colleen!) and went to get some pictures taken of us with bald heads. I saw a show on TV where the lady and her husband did pictures when she was going through chemo that were really sweet. So Jon shaved his head again and we took some pictures. I really like them. I added them as a slide show on the side bar of the page.
On Friday night we went out to eat and to see a movie with Desi and Aislinn. We saw premonition with Saundra Bullock. It isn't a must see, I would wait to rent it, but I don't want to give anything way and spoil the end. At the theater we saw a group of teenagers that were actually dressed up in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costumes. It was hilarious!! I remember watching those movies when I was a kid and they have another one out now that just hit theatres. But it is known as TMNT, now.....Aislinn and I were laughing.
rained all night on Friday and Jon got up on Saturday and decided he wanted to go four wheeling. He took the twins and Desi and they went up to Left Hand Canyon by Boulder and I think had a good time. He doesn't get to play in his jeep very often so I am sure he had a good time. I love driving it around when it is nice outside and have driven it a few days the last couple of weeks. I have always gotten a kick out of the looks that I get driving that big four wheeling machine. Now I get the looks for driving it and for being bald!! I have pretty much gone without my hat or scarf on for the past few weeks since it has been so nice. Saturday night we went out to Courtnee and Seth's house and let all our kids run around and Bar B Que.
On Sunday we went to church in the morning. It was fast and testimony meeting. In our church we have fast and testimony meeting once a month where members are given the opportunity to stand up in front of the congregation to bear their testimonies. I was able to take the opportunity to stand and bear mine and that is always a neat and spiritual experience. I know that heavenly father answers prayers and I am thankful for personal revelation and being able to know what decision was right for me with surgery. I am thankful for a loving husband, healthy children, an awesome family, wonderful friends, and a charitable ward family. Without this support system I would be nothing. I also have a testimony of paying tithing. It seems that no matter how hard this principal is for us, as long as we have paid our tithing we have always had the money to pay our medical bills and other bills. When ever we have been short, Jon has always had the opportunity to work overtime or money has come from other places. This next weekend is general conference weekend where our prophet and general authorities speak to us. I am grateful for a latter day prophet to lead and guide us. If anyone is interested in learning more about my church feel free to click this link for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The gospel has been key in helping me through this and most other trials in my life.
Sunday night we got together with our friends Brad and Patti. Jon has worked for a few years up until recently. They have twin boys that are 15 months and it is always fun to see them, even though we haven't been able to hang out very often due to every one's busy schedules. We planned some "hopeful" camping trips on both Saturday and Sunday night. We love the outdoors and camping. Hopefully we will be able to get our tent trailer and four wheelers out a bunch this summer.
This morning Jon left again for Montrose. He is there for the next 2 weeks and might be home for the weekend, but we aren't sure yet. I wonder what it would be like to have a husband who worked a regular 9 to 5 job here in town....I am jealous of you ladies with husbands who have that schedule!! My kids sure miss their daddy when he is gone, and me too!! The twins and I sat outside this morning and watched the tractors fixing the asphalt on our street. Cody is obsessed with trucks and tractors and they were right up close on our street so he was loving life this morning. He wasn't going to leave mom's lap though with that loud, huge tractor right in front of him though. It was cute. I went down to the Flat Iron Mall with Aislinn this afternoon. We ventured out with our 5 kids during the afternoon when 1/2 of them should have been napping. What were we thinking? It actually wasn't too bad and we did get some fun window shopping in. I rarely buy anything unless it is on sale, but it is always fun to look.
I have next week jam packed with Dr. appointments. I am going down to Denver to get a 2nd opinion on reconstruction and I need to follow up with some ladies from the Hope Lives support group in Fort Collins on their experiences with it. I have chemo next Thursday and then see the radiation oncologist next Friday. When it rains it pours I suppose. This week I am getting a massage tomorrow night, which I am SO looking forward to! Then on Wednesday I was invited to attend a dinner for Hope Lives and Thursday a community meeting about Cancer in our community and filling needs better with support groups, education, etc. Still keeping busy even though the husband is away. I am still sore from surgery, but getting settled into my new normal of stuffing my bra and being uncomfortable. I hear that it gets better, but takes awhile so I will keep waiting. For this moment I am just happy to feel healthy enough to be out and about and feeling close to normal.
I love this song on my blog. It is so upbeat and has a message I can relate to "When all you got to keep is strong Move along, move along like I know you do And even when your hope is gone Move along, move along just to make it through". Jenn, I double checked the lyrics online to make sure they were singing what I thought! (I am famous for singing the wrong lyrics :-)

4 comments:

The Bluths said...

Will the massage people know ahead f time that you just had surgery? I dont think that would feel too good to be rubbed in the wrong place :) Cute pictures by the way!

Eliza Brock said...

Yeah,I have the same gal every month. My sweet neighbors send me to get one every month, when I am feeling up to it. It was awesome!

Unknown said...

Love your song and pictures. I think of you everyday and am so happy to see that your feeling better. We MUST go to lunch after all your Dr.'s appointments. We will have so much to talk about.

Toni said...

Those pictures are so cute! You'll have to send me one. It snowed here last night, so I wonder if you guys will get that later this week? Hopefully not!