Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where have I been for a week?

Hmmm....I don't really know where to start, can I remember almost a week ago?!? Sheesh! I did physical therapy last Thursday morning and just did massage since it had only been 2 weeks since surgery. It felt good but made me super sore the next day. I also went back to physical therapy on Monday and did the dry needles again. I was trying to explain to my therepist where the pain was coming from and when it was happening. He kept looking at me funny and then brought out the anatomy pictures trying to explain what I was saying didn't really make sense because of where the nerves ran behind my pectoral muscle and down my arm. Since I had surgery on that muscle there is really no telling where the anatomy in me is. (if that makes sense) Every surgeon is different and who knows what ended up where. So after getting into more of it we decided it was just sharp muscle pain from the back of my arm. He did the dry needles on that muscle. This is where he puts these really thin needles into the muscle, then I hold this metal stick thing in my hand that is attached to something that shocks me through the needle and then the muscle contracts. I was amazed that almost immediately afterwards I was feeling much better. And have continued to be in less pain. Yeah!


The dr. appt on Thursday also went well. I was stressing because the implant on the radiation side wasn't moving as freely as the other one. She had warned me of the importance of moving them around so scar tissue didn't form and tighten around the implant. She said that she was happy with both sides and how they are moving. That was good, but I can tell that they are different as far as tightness from one side to the other, I guess I will never be the same but am very happy with the result. She clipped the sutures out that were left and said see ya in a month! The one crappy part is that I am supposed to continue the displacement exercises moving them around 3 times a day and laying on my tummy twice a day for 30 min for 6 months. I can tell that this is going to be a challenge for me and have already started slacking, ashamed to say. It isn't easy doing that when kids are running all over. I just have to remember that I need to do this in order to heal properly. Still taking my meds on and off and still feeling easily tired. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take it easy.


Friday I had my girls night with the gals I met in treatment. These are always great and I will treasure these friendships forever. The women that can relate to me because they have been there. Of course I forgot my camera so I am waiting for copies of the pictures.


Saturday Jon got paint to start on the basement once again. He had a great idea to get a brush for each of the kids and they "helped" daddy for a bit in the afternoon. They had a blast!

Look at this funny video of the kids, needless to say we were in the shower for 30 min trying to get all the paint out of their hair and off of their skin. But they had fun, so that's the important thing, right?

Saturday night Jon and I went over to his good friend Danny's home for dinner. We have not seen his family and it was fun to be able to catch up with Danny and Wendy. She made these awesome steak sandwiches. I need to get the recipe from her to share it.

Sunday I tried going to church with the kids but only got about 1/2 way through before I was exhausted and sore. Jon was at home napping since he starts his work week on Sunday night. It was beautiful here on Sunday so we all went home and daddy spent some time at the park with the kids before we ate dinner.


It was also in the 70s here on Monday and Tuesday which was a really nice preview to spring before it snowed again yesterday. Let's get on with the summer already! I need to move to California I have decided. My sister is always calling and telling me about the nice weather there. I think Colorado should look into that nicer weather. This time of year sucks for me. I have horrible allergies and my throat itches so much I just want to stick my toothbrush down my throat and go to town. They just switched my allergy medication to over the counter which I think is code for ripping everyone off and charging 3 times more. I paid 15 bucks for a 12 day supply. That's more than a dollar a day! That is irritating.


I am trying to remember what else I did this week. Stayed busy with work at home and trying to feel back to normal. I went to Target today to pick up some random things and saw that book A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle on sale for $12 so I bought it. I am a faithful follower of Oprah and if you watch her at all I am sure you have hear this title about a million times. Anyway, I am going to read it and see what all the fuss is about. Anyone read this? What'd you think? I guess I will see what all the hype is about. Speaking of TV....The Bachelor is down to the final 4 chicks and next week he does all the "home town" dates where he meets their families. Since the show premiered I was surprised to see there was a girl on there from my home (and current) town, Loveland, CO. It will be fun to see Loveland on national TV on Monday.

No comments: