Monday, July 23, 2007

Mon July 23rd

I have been notified that I am slacking on my posts! Sorry Ashley! Let's see.... Since last post, Jon did take me to see the new Harry Potter movie last weekend. Overall a good movie, but of course the book was better. Still a great flick though.
I got my hair cut that weekend also. I had a friend get me a gift certificate to her stylist and I love her! If anyone is looking for a new stylist she is awesome. Her name is Roni and she works at Hair Atelier in Fort Collins. Such a sweet gal and I loved the salon. It is in old town fort Collins in a remodeled old house. Very cool ambiance. She did a good job on my hair, but I still hate it. Honestly there aren't many options when it is only 2 inches long. It does look better "shaped up".
I had a check up with my radiation doc on Friday the 13th. She said everything seemed to be fine and I was healing fine. I am now just tan, in the radiation area. A big tan block of skin over my whole right side...looks interesting.....whatever. It is only a little on the itchy side now. So she said that I didn't have to come back for 6 months.
My grandpa from Salt Lake was here last weekend as well. It was great to see him, he is such sweet man and it is always good to visit with him. I wish we could see him more often.
I had my Herceptin treatment last Monday. Jon was home trying to get ready for our camping trip and so I took Alex with me to my appointment. I also saw the nurse practitioner. The check up went fine. The normal poking and prodding and questions about any new pains. Of course, no. Which is awesome. I know the second that something starts hurting or bothering me I will become obsessed so it is a good thing I am doing alright. My mom and grandpa came to meet me for my Herceptin infusion. When I got into the treatment area it was so full that there were no empty chairs to sit in. Man that is depressing. So I had to wait for an open chair. I did get to meet a gal that is a friend of a friend that was just diagnosed in May I think. She is a sweetie and it is always hard to see new faces and more people getting diagnosed with cancer at a young age. I think she is in her mid thirties. Darn Cancer. She is a fighter also though and really positive. I had talked to her on the phone once and she had checked out my blog so she recognized me when I walked in and of course I am thinking...."Man it is embarrassing when you don't remember people you've been introduced to." I was safe though since we had technically never met. Keep fighting Dana and keep your head up. I went out to lunch with my mom, dad, grandpa, brother Mason, and Alex after Herceptin at the Olive Garden and that was nice. When I got home I had an email from the marketing department at Kids II (the company I won the trip from) that said I had to fill out these forms and get them notarized and overnighted back to them to claim my prize. Good thing I was not on vacation that day...sheesh. So of course we stopped everything and had the forms filled out and Bev from my work was sweet enough to notarize them for us.
After running around all day Monday and Tuesday we finally left to go to Glendo on Tuesday afternoon. We had a fun week and the kids had a blast playing in the sand and the sun. We of course got stuck by annoying campers that wanted to party until all hours of the night which is always frustrating but moved the camper around a little to where they weren't right on top of us. I guess it is almost impossible to go to a busy camping area and get quiet time. Jon's parents stayed for the week and then Jon's aunt and uncle and their 2 grand kids came up on Friday night. Our friends Seth and Courtnee and their 2 boys Taylor and Drew also came up on Friday morning. We had a fun week camping and playing on the jet ski. I was definitely ready to come home by Sunday. It is a lot of work with the kids and I was ready to sleep in my own bed again. We made it home at 3pm and spent the rest of the afternoon and night unpacking and putting stuff away. I am still not done.
I got the brochures about our trip to Atlanta while we were gone and it sounds really exciting. I have to go into Sears tomorrow to get my pictures taken for the magazine story they are doing on the winners in the October issue of Fit Pregnancy for breast cancer awareness month.
Jon started his new job last night. He will be working nights this week but he is in Boulder so he will still be home, which is nice. He is still doing refrigeration, just for a different company. So far so good and hopefully everything is a smooth transition with the insurance.
Nothing too exciting to report for today. Still trying to put stuff away and get back to working. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more relaxing.
I didn't take too many pictures of our camping trip, I always seemed to forget my camera in the bag, but I will upload the ones I did take onto my snapfish link tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a fun summer!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow a haircut, I am jealous. Can't wait until my first cut. You didn't tell me about winning a contest. Congrats. Hope to see you at Lydias house on Aug. 23rd.