Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wed June 27th

It's been an interesting day. I made dentist appointments for all of us yesterday and I have a tooth that is really bothering me so they said I could come in first thing this morning and get an evaluation. Of course I have a cavity but he also said my teeth are probably shifting around, also contributing to the discomfort, and I should think about seeing an orthodontist. (Someone that I hoped I was done with after having braces for 5 years of my life!!) I was getting ready to leave and the hygienist asked if I wanted to stay and have my cleaning since someone cancelled on her and I thought I might as well get it over with rather than have to wait and come back in a few weeks. When I was getting my cleaning they came in and asked if I wanted to come back later in the day to do my cavity filling due to another cancellation. So you get the picture. I spent most of my day with the dentist getting taken care of and the remainder of the day feeling like I had a bowling ball attached to my face. When the Novocain wore off my jaw was so sore from having my mouth open so wide and now my tooth still aches. What a pain. I guess I am glad it is taken care of now and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

A big mile stone this weekend for Alexandra.....She started to go potty. Yeah! I am finally seeing an end in site to having to change diapers for the last 5 years of my life. She just decided on Sunday that she wanted to start wearing her Dora pull ups and be a big girl. We have so far made it through every day with only one accident and she is still wearing a diaper at night, but I can handle that. Her brother on the other hand wants nothing to do with that business. What do I need to be a big boy for, I am sure he is thinking. He doesn't have any interest in wearing his big boy spider man pull ups. A tactic I thought might help, but I am sure now that is a way of the diaper companies ripping me off even more. Less diapers, more money. Makes perfect sense.......

I have been working a bunch this week and finally got my laundry folded and put away today that has been sitting in laundry baskets on my floor for the last 2 days. Hey, at least I got it cleaned. I hate folding and putting away laundry. It was much easier when I was only doing it for myself. Now that I could handle. This 6 loads a week stuff is for the birds.

Jon is doing better. Still pretty sore, but slowly getting back to normal. Poor guy. Way to take one for the team babe!

Yesterday my dad almost poked his eye out.....He ran into a shelf bracket on the wall after taking the shelf off and sliced the bridge of his nose and under his eye. He had to get some stitches and then they super glued the cut on his nose. Ouch, it looks like it hurts. We had my mom and dad over for dinner last night after he got home from the urgent care. He said, "I wish I could say, you should see the other guy." Ha! He was lucky he had on his glasses and it didn't get his eye. Here he is:

Well tomorrow is my Bday! The big 2-7. Sheesh, how NOT exciting. Birthdays just aren't what they used to be are they? At least for me I suppose. I told Jon that I didn't want to have to plan anything this year and so he is supposed to make all the birthday plans. He said he got me a present this year, which normally is let's go and pick something out that you want. Still nice, but it is fun to be surprised every once in awhile and have him pick out something for me. I don't think we are going out until this weekend but not sure. I get to be surprised. I also get to go in for my Herceptin tomorrow morning. Yee-haw! Defiantly happy birthday to me. Just where I want to spend my birthday, the cancer center. Oh well, better luck next year for sure.

No comments: