Monday, June 15, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day we took the trailer up to our favorite spot by Wycolo, WY on the Colorado/Wyoming border. It is always fun spending time with good friends up in the mountains doing what we love; four wheeling and playing. The twins rode their own four wheelers around the camper about 100 times. They are still too little to reach the brake very well but had fun just around camp.
Olivia is still doing pretty well and enjoying every minute of being the driver.
Jon taught me, well more like showed me once, how to use the chain saw. According to Courtnee, "That thing owned me." I have to admit...kinda scary when Jon says, "Now make sure you don't do this, because you will cut your hand off." Oh, ok, is that all. Let's get the party started, I'm ready to get my learn on. Ha! Once was enough, thanks. Just in case I am ever out in the wilderness without my husband but toting along a chain saw. Then I will be set since I had my lesson. :-)
Of course Seth and Courtnee joined us. (we don't leave home without 'em) They are our camping peeps!
My friend Dave and his son Austin came up and rode their mini bikes with us for part of the weekend.
And we talked Sherri, Joe and her kids to come over and visit us from the sand dunes near Walden.
It was Daisy's first camping trip. I think she was chilly the whole weekend but we did our best to keep her warm.

We had a great weekend "at camping" as the kids would say. I wish we could go much more often! We are planning another trip over my birthday weekend of the 28th so we have fun times to look forward to again in a few weekends.

1 comment:

Clymer Fam said...

I'd rather have you respect the chain saw and fear it...