Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moving Downstairs, finally!!

We had a pretty busy weekend. Jon and I went out and picked up some new furniture for Olivia's new room downstairs. Since we have been married we have only bought one piece of new furniture, the kitchen table. Everything else we have either been given or we bought used, so it was fun picking out some new things. Here is what the twins old room looks like now that it is all cleaned out. (PS we are selling these captain's beds, if you're interested let me know)Alex moved into Olivia's old room upstairs. She got a new dresser and bed. She is super excited about the bed!Cody moved to one of the huge rooms downstairs.I love the closets in these rooms downstairs, so much room for storage. I am still trying to come up with some paint and decorations. I want to do some kind of camping theme, that's why there are the lanterns on top of the dresser and shelves.

Olivia also moved downstairs to the other room.She also has a big closet, so lots of room for storage.So here is the hallway and the bathroom door, we still have to put in the cabinets and glass for the shower so it isn't quite done yet.Here is the family room. That pole in the middle was the only one we couldn't hide in a wall. A little awkward but it works out okay I guess.

Here is the family room from the other side. We are also going to put cabinets along the back wall for a built in desk area for the computer stuff.

We are so happy to have the extra room to spread out. I love it. Things are almost back to normal. I was supposed to go back to work yesterday but we woke up to it being minus 15 outside and my diesel car doesn't really operate at that temperature so I was without transportation. I am feeling better every day and start physical therapy this afternoon. Hopefully my car will work today since it is above zero. It is a warm 12 degrees outside.

4 comments:

mickeydee said...

Everything looks wonderful! I LOVE Olivia's room. I love lime green and pink together. Have fun decorating. Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

Toni said...

Wow, so is that really a bed in Alex's room! Holy cow! I can see why she loves it. Those rooms downstairs really are huge, as are the closets. You should visit IKEA while you're out here to stock up on storage stuff. They have awesome deals there. Did you guys paint Olivia's room yourself? I hope not, those stripes take FOREVER!

Wow. Jon. That's a big TV. I like it.

Sumtoy said...

It is so good to see you LIVING!! The kids rooms are wonderful. Hope all is well with everyone. Big hugs and lots of faith and hope to you and yours.

Michelle said...

Wow, The basement looks awesome.
I especially love the girls bright bedrooms. You guys did a great job!!!
Do you still have the beds and if so, email me and let me know how much you want for them. I may be in the market for something new for my boys.