Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Quackin' Code-man

So I need your help...yes you! So read on and help a woman out.

 
Here he is. Cody. The Code-man. The Code-miester. Sportin' the $3 hoodie I found on clearance at Target. Who doesn't love a good deal?



This is how he rolls...


Although... I did have to drop the bomb on him his ride doesn't have four wheel drive.  He was a bit aggravated when he had to get out and push the thing across the snow packed street.  Maybe we need to pimp his ride?

I know you can tell by these pictures that this kid is no momma's boy. He is one tough cookie. Check out those guns! He is already in the 10th percentile for his age, I mean does it get any better? He strikes fear through the hearts of all the bigger kids in his class...because EVERYONE (including his sister) is bigger than him in his class. That's my boy.



Okay just kidding, he is not a toughie, but man is he a cutie.

Ok so back to the story that poses the question I need answered...

A few weeks ago we were all sitting down to dinner as a family when Cody announces he needs to go to the bathroom. Of course the kids always have to go to the bathroom when they sit down to the table. Don't ask me why, it just seems to be the norm in our home. Since it is the middle of the winter and the sun goes down around 5pm it was really dark in the house and Cody runs into my room slamming the door behind him and then we hear him slamming the bathroom door shortly after.
While the rest of us are enjoying our spaghetti in as close to silence as you can get with kids at the table we hear the "Quack, quack....quack, quack, quack." Coming from the bathroom. As we are all looking around the table at each other, we all begin giggling. We all realize that Cody is in the bathroom. Alone. For some reason the kid is quacking. hmmmm... Ok, stranger things have happened but it was funny. As we continue eating we continue to hear the quacking coming from Cody in the bathroom sporadically through the next 5 minutes. Of course this leaves the 4 of us at the table going from giggling to laughing out loud. If you have ever heard either of my girls laugh it is just contagious so that leads to even louder laughing.
Shortly Cody comes whirling out of my room slamming the door behind him with wide eyes. He stops by the door staring at all of us who are now silent wondering what is going on. As he stands there we all erupt into laughter again and I could see the embarrassment and hurt on his face. Of course I rush over to him when he bursts out into tears. After awhile I finally coax the story out of him.
That week at school the kids went to library where the librarian read aloud a children's book. Piecing together the story from my two 5 year olds, it was about a little boy who was afraid of monsters. The boy had pictures of ducks or birds hung in his house and his dad had told him that monsters are afraid of ducks so if you quack it will scare away the monsters.
Since Cody was in the dark room and then in the bathroom alone, he was petrified. He thought the monsters were going to get him and was quacking to scare them away. Poor kid, we were all laughing at him. Another gold star for me in my parenting book. (That thing is filling up quick)
After hearing the story I thought it would be nice to go and get this book and maybe write this story in it for him to keep for later. I wrote to the school librarian but she still cannot find or remember this book.

So here is where your assistance comes in. Does anyone know the name of this book or does it sound familiar to anyone?

I WANT IT!



p.s. He still is doing this when he goes down to the basement alone or is in the dark. I will hear this quacking on the other side of the house at random times. Oh yeah. That's my boy, and that's how he rolls.


Nothin but love for ya Code-man!

4 comments:

getbornmagmomma said...

Hey, I googled it and found this: "Too Many Monsters" in which a boy learns that monsters are afraid of ducks and quacking makes them run away...I'll look it up on Amazon and send the link.

Toni said...

That's my nephew! That story "quacked" me up! Yes, that's your lame sister for ya.

I found some great clearance racks at Target last week, too! Love those good deals.

Lydia Moon said...

My mom gave us this book for Christmas a couple of years ago. Any time the kids are afraid of monsters, we go into that room and quack. Works like a charm!

The book is Too Many Monsters by Eve Bunting.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the blog. I've been looking for more information on How To Have An Affair and I was wondering if you have any good tips or pointers? I'm getting ready to move and I need all the information I can get. Thanks!