Thursday, October 01, 2009

October

Fall is definitely upon us. I woke up to a cool and crisp windy morning. The kids had school pictures today so we woke up early to get the girls hair nice and snazzy for the big event. It is only supposed to be in the 50s today and will stay really windy all day. I have to say, nothing says October like..

Leaves on my porch


Banana Bread


And my children turning into selling machines



As cute as these little ones are....nobody wants to buy this stuff. I hate turning into the parent that has to ask people to buy things to support her kids school. Because seriously folks, lets face it. It isn't like I send my elementary age kids around the 'hood to sell this expensive junk alone. Olivia came home and informed me that she is going to earn the candy machine prize. After examining the sheet, to earn the candy machine she needs to get 70 orders. She better expand her circle of friends to include someone with an income. It is fun that they get the kids excited to earn the money but who knows 70 people, let alone 70 people willing to drop $10 or $20 on something that they can get at Wal-Mart for $5?
I will have you know, that I saved my negative attitude for my husband and told her that she could sure try her hardest and hopefully she can at least get the small prize to have a party with her class. That girl is on a mission!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute that Olivia is so driven! I bet she'll do it! We had some wind today to, but all I got on my porch was dirt!?! Not quite the fall leaves you have, but I guess it will have to do! :)

Toni said...

I made me some banana bread today, too! That stuff is the best! I wish I could help your kiddos out. Good luck to them!

vwbabe said...

I hate this stuff too, I once ordered something from a niece or nephew and never even got it, so I guess the purchase if for the kids, not the product. Good luck with that one!